Operations and Administration
Here is an overview of the internal workings of the agency and the roles of various departments
Census and Survey
- Annual agricultural crop sample survey, five or ten yearly samples census, fishery, livestock and forestry survey, census of Agric modern Holding.
- Labour force, consumer survey, core welfare questionnaires survey and all other household based surveys other than Agric survey.
- Compilation and maintenance of frames i.e. enumeration area and establishment frames data collection for all surveys of SBS, supervision of L.G.A offices.
- Census of industries and businesses, annual and quarterly establishment surveys, survey of hotels and restaurants, building and construction survey.
Social and Economic Statistics
- Collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of education statistics.
- Collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of Motor Vehicle statistics.
- Collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of health statistics.
- Collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of price statistics.
- Computation of state Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Computation of SDG indicators.
Research and Methodology
- Research into Local units of measure and survey methods support analytical functions of SBS Quality Control.
- Develop, set, maintain and promote statistical standards for the State statistical system and S.A.S. design of sample surveys.
- Preparation of five yearly and annual programs, budgets, quarterly and annual reports.
- Coordinate SBS and NBS activities, and activities of Departments of SBS.
- Produce, integrating publication like State statistical Year Book, Digest of statistics.
- Respond to local and international questionnaire.
- Run the library and the sales outfit of SBS.
- Tender secretariat.
- Network design and installation and development of application software.
- Design of census and surveys instruments.
Corporate and Technical
- Liaise with both local and foreign donors partners.
Finance and Accounts
- Processing of all payments in conjunction with the Ministry of Finance and office of the Accountant General.
- Preparation of Financial Report on monthly basis or as at when required by the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Posting and updating of Cash Books.
- Posting and updating of Department Vote Expenditure.
- Preparation of Staff Nominal Roll and submission of same to the Ministry of Finance and Budget.
- Coordinating of all banking transactions.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statements on monthly basis.
- Attending to all financial issues coming from other MDAs.
- Ensuring the safe custody of all financial documents such as Cheque books, tellers, official rubber stamp e.t.c.
- Maintaining of Petty Cash Books as approved by the Chief Accounting Officer through the Fund Allocation Committee.
- Checking and counter-checking of both internal and external Payment Vouchers.
- Submission of Internal Audit Report to the offices of the Accountant-General and Auditor-General.
Administrations and Supplies
- Promotion of staff.
- Training needs to promote staff’s productivity.
- Discipline of erring members of staff.
- Preparation of the Bureau’s annual estimates in conjunction with the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Policy formulation and implementation.
- Management of the Registries (Open and Confidential).
- Procurements and supply of items needed for unhindered operational activities.
- Store management.
- Maintenance of the Bureau’s assets.
- Coordination of the activities of the drivers attached to the Bureau.